Photo credits

The Embalse de Riano in northern Spain. The picture was taken by .... me!

Saturday, October 17

Afghanistan, here I come!...or not?

On reflection......

If I go off to the Middle East for lengthy periods, looking at it realistically, how will my wife cope alone at home with the baby when she doen't have the strength to carry her up the stairs? And how will she cope without me when she doesn't drive? It really doesn't make practical sense.

But then, if work is available and I say no to it with the above excuses...."if a man will not work neither shall he eat".

But then, if I believe in a loving God, shold I ot wait patiently for his answer rather than forcing my own? (Compare this with Abraham and Sarah, trying to force God's hand resorting to using Hagar to produce the desired child)

My agent has asked me to re-write my CV in a Middle-East-fiendly style. Is it worth the effort?

And should I go along with he Vicar's suggestion in this matter following his ill-fated suggestion that I should seek ordination?

Who knows.

All I know is I am desperate to get a suitable job, preferably local, preferably freelance.

1 comment:

  1. My dad is out of work.. has been since the beginning of October.. and he just now has some glimmers of prospective jobs. There are pros and cons to each, though, so I know what you mean about not knowing whether to take the opportunity given or to wait for a "better" one...
    My dad said the other day that the way his tentative jobs have happened, it was like God was testing him.. sort of like Abraham and Isaac.. where, if he was willing to go for this one opportunity that wasn't so ideal but still was a job and therefore better than being unemployed, God was going to bless him with a better opportunity.
    I don't know if you're still out of work or what's going on now, but I will definitely keep you and your family in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete