Photo credits

The Embalse de Riano in northern Spain. The picture was taken by .... me!

Monday, October 18

Holiday in Spain

Silly taxman. Gave us some money back as a lump sum.

Silly me - booked a holiday with it!

I very rarely travel abroad- costs are prohibitive with a large family on my income, generous though it is. SO I have always nursed a dream of going back to the city in Spain where I lived as a child - to see the old haunts and meet some of the old people.

Now that dream is coming true, and will be fulfilled next easter.

I am REALLY looking forward to it - more than anything I have desired for many years. I want it like water after a long trek in the desert. I want it more than my wife's embrace ... if you get my drift.

I realsie much will have chaged - they have built a dual carriageway over the riverbank where a a child I hunted lizards and snakes among the rocks. But much will remain the same. I am going to be a very emotional chap the whole time I am there. I loved that city deeply, I have not been there for 25 years, now I am going again. I will drink deep! Cannot stress how happy I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment