Photo credits

The Embalse de Riano in northern Spain. The picture was taken by .... me!

Wednesday, October 6

Feeling unspiritual

I'm frantically busy at work.
I'm frantically busy at home.
I'm not really in tune with Mrs - she winds me up a lot of the time and I think she's peeved with me too. Our parenting course includes a lot of relationship stuff and I feel very hypocritical.
I haven't had a proper Bible reading time or prayer time for ages.
I really don't feel in touch with God at all.

Fortunately, he chose me without reference to my merit. Romans 9:11-12

The Jews did not have to obey the law in order to be included in the covenent. They were included in it by their birth into the people God had chosen. Their obedience to the law was the lifestyle required of people already IN the covenent. Likewise our salvation derives from God's choice, his mercy, his grace. Our good works are the fruit of that choice, not the cause of it.

But in terms of that lifestyle, which is primarily about relationship rather than behaviour (the behaviour being the symptom of the relationship) I fall short. I have not related to God. My behaviour has gone downhill. My mind is fixed on earth, not heaven.

So please pray that I will get a break - that work will cool down and the kids' bikes will stop breaking so I can actually rest for once at home, then maybe I will be able to pick up the scripture and read, ponder, and pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment