Photo credits

The Embalse de Riano in northern Spain. The picture was taken by .... me!

Tuesday, August 14

My first son: Engaged!

My 21 year old son proposed to his long-time girlfriend over the weekend.  She said yes!

He had made a special electronic box which by GPS would only open at one time and in one place (a hill overlooking Buxton). 

The box did not contain the ring that she expected, but he made an unexpected appearance and presented it to her in person.

Well, that was the theory.  In fact, the box did not work, and somebody had let it slip that he was coming.

So months of planning and hard work by him ended up as a damp squib, and while I rejoice at his engagement I feel sorry for him that it all went so badly.  At least they didn't row!

My son first met her lining up to go into the reception class at infant school.  She was one of the 21girls (There were only 30 people in the class) that gave him a valentine card that year.  He liked her, and I used to see him kissing her even then.  They went their seperate ways at high school.  She ended up dating a lad from her church.  But when they all ended up together at 6th form college, that relationship ended and my son took his chance.  So I think that is 4 or 5 years now.  They plan to marry in summer 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment