Photo credits

The Embalse de Riano in northern Spain. The picture was taken by .... me!

Monday, April 8

Empty house


Went to my late Mum’s house. Originally booked as a trip to care for her while my sister had a holiday. Ended up just using the time to clear out her old medicine cupboard and carry two large bags to the pharmacy for disposal. Couldn’t help thinking that if the medicines were in her body rather than the cupboard, she might have lived longer.

It was very poignant, seeing all her stuff but not her. Identified some items that I would like to inherit, but came away with only a toy dog that she promised to my youngest and with a dishwashing brush. Well, I needed one, she had three which is clearly more than a dead woman needs and I didn’t think it would cause a major dispute in settling the will if I took one without consulting my brother and sister first.

No comments:

Post a Comment