Photo credits

The Embalse de Riano in northern Spain. The picture was taken by .... me!

Tuesday, April 16

Friday: Mum’s Funeral

Mum’s funeral was a lovely service. She was honoured by all. The content and tone of the hymns, tributes and sermon focussed on the certain hope of the resurrection.


Minor comments:

The eulogy that I provided got lost in the email ether so now people think that I didn’t think enough of my Mum to do a eulogy.

One tribute said “She was a ‘Great Christian Lady’ and there’s not many of those left” – which I feel was rather an insult to the ladies present in the congregation.

My brother’s tribute was excellent – he is really talented at these things.

My brother in law read an often-heard psalm in a way that really brought it to life in a new way for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment