Photo credits

The Embalse de Riano in northern Spain. The picture was taken by .... me!

Tuesday, April 16

Sunday: Humble pie

I had spent Saturday afternoon babysitting while Mrs went upstairs to catch up on her MA essays, but it turned out that all she wrote was an essay on my sins for the past 24 years. On Sunday she wanted me to stay of church so that she could read it to me.


Now obviously there were points where she had got it wrong, but overall she raised some vary god points, and I was able to understand some of her deep hurts for the first time – things that I had been doing, thinking and intending they were for her good but which actually had the opposite effect.

Very large dose of humble pie.

So the short term practical outcome is that I have killed our plans for the future – though this is where I was probably technically correct. The long term outcome is that I will change the way I behave and talk

No comments:

Post a Comment