Photo credits

The Embalse de Riano in northern Spain. The picture was taken by .... me!

Wednesday, January 29

Vortex equation wrong

Learning up on how to design a vortex drop in a sewer network.

Found something in the text book which I just couldn't make work in the spreadsheet.  Eventually told my colleague the text book must be wrong.

Later consulted my boss.  'Why can't I get this to work?' I ask.  'The text book is wrong' he says.

So it's gratifying to be right for once and not a complete idiot.

But don't worry; it's not a major error in the book; just the expression that gives you the range of validity for the main equation, and it gives answers that are obviously wrong so no one will have designed a vortex drop with it.

Which is a good thing, given that my current project is just £18 million preparatory work for the main £30 million project to be done on the next five years.

No comments:

Post a Comment