Photo credits

The Embalse de Riano in northern Spain. The picture was taken by .... me!

Tuesday, July 24

Fight Club

Fight Club ws on TV again last night - I forget which channel. I have always raved about this film to my eldest sons and encouraged them to watch it...woops - it gets a bit too sexy for them in places. I think it can officially count as child abuse to show them films above their age. I channel-flicked while the worst bits were on, but this technique only works if the batteries have not fallen out of the remote control (my younger kids always mindlessly destroy remote control battery compartment covers)

The film itself remains one of my favourites as it explores the main character. I think many people are put off by the title and violent content, thinking it is just a a testosterone film and not realising that these only provides a context for the real story. I also like American Beauty - another film about a middle aged man trying to find himself. Does this tell me anything?

No comments:

Post a Comment