Photo credits

The Embalse de Riano in northern Spain. The picture was taken by .... me!

Monday, August 6

Great holiday, but came home depressed

Just come back from a great holiday.

I am a 'sad' man in that my greatest pleasure is to dam and divert water channels on the beach as the tide goes out. This time I went equipped with a bigger spade than usual. Over ambitious, tried to divert a major stream through a sand/shingle bank requireing a trench 1m deep and 10m long. Only managed 40%, but had great fun anyway.

thoughout the holiday Mrs was late for her period, with just minor signs of bleeding. by Thursday we had convinced oursleves that finally we were pregnant. This meant of course that on Friday moring the period came in a rush.

Now OK, I don't subscribe to 'get rich quick' prosperity gospels, but I do beleive that becoming a christian involves hearing his voice and doing what he says. so if you are convinced he has told you to have another baby, and then in obedience you go and try, but 18 months later you still have nothing to show for it, then you are entitled to have something of a crisis of faith. At least doubt about your own ability to hear God. And if I am wrong on this, who is to say that the whole Christianity thing is not wrong also? In the Bible the preaching of the gosple was confirmed by signs and wonders. They seem absent from my life at present.

No comments:

Post a Comment