Photo credits

The Embalse de Riano in northern Spain. The picture was taken by .... me!

Wednesday, August 20

James Randi Educational Foundation

Well I never! New people have actually been reading my blog! I have to give my thanks to the person who posted a link to my Todd Bentley post below here on the James Randi Educational Foundation website. I don't think they agree with me!

Following the thread, they are very keen on critiscising Todd for alleged violence, marvelling that no one has brought a lawsuit agianst him. That is actually a very good question - if what they accuse him of is true then he certainly would get sued. There is plenty of evidence for the court to use (I actually saw the one where he kicked a man in the stomach - I was certainly shocked but it wasn't as bad as is generally portrayed. If you are pre-disposed to be offended by Todd, then you certainly will be) The fact that he hasn't been sued by that man (not yet as far as I know) speaks for itself.

They also make much of his criminal past, since they clearly lack the ability to undertsand the repentance, forgiveness and re-instatement that comes with salvation. It would fit their world view better if Todd remained a criminal. Granted, FreshFire Ministries should have a child protection policy that precludes Todd from unsupervised contact with children, but we need to celebrate the thousands of people whose lives have been improved by his ministry.

But the bottom line is - they tout themselves as skeptics, and so strangely enough, they are skeptical. Shutting their eyes they say they cannot see. I refer again to the definite miracle experienced by my colleague in my previous post.

No comments:

Post a Comment