Photo credits

The Embalse de Riano in northern Spain. The picture was taken by .... me!

Tuesday, April 13

Work

A bit more optimisim on the job front.

A client company I interviewed for back in January has now had their meeting with their own client - a local council about one and a half hour's drive away - and it seems that they are going to go ahead with employing me in due course. They will arrange for me to see the local authority sometime next week, and are now thrashing out the details of rates of pay etc.

It will be freelance work rather than staff, which is what I want, and is for a year rather than the just three months that I feared. If this does work out, it means that my own company will have enough income to finish paying last year's tax bill in installments without going bust and it also means that I can actually pay myself something and come off state benefits again.

So it's looking very good. We just need to pray it into existance.

Aparently the boss at the council is an ex-military man, so I will have to get out my shirt and tie again and tell him all about how my son wants to join the RAF.

No comments:

Post a Comment