Photo credits

The Embalse de Riano in northern Spain. The picture was taken by .... me!

Sunday, July 15

Cumbria

Went to Kendal on Friday for the funeral of my colleague that passed away recently.

It turned out to be more of a memorial service - no coffin or anything - so I felt vaguely let down, as did my other work colleagues I think.

The mood was quite light.  The Eulogy was quite humourous, with ripples of laughter going across the congregation.  I have no doubt that its what the family (and my dead friend) would have wanted, but it didn't work for me.  I needed something with a joy at a deep level rather than superficial, and with more acknoledgement of the grief of parting.

Anyway, it meant I had an excuse to be in the area, and so I took my wife and pre-school child along too.  We found a good play area (The Fun Factory) right on Bowness Bay.  Last time we went this had closed down, but it was now very much open.  Soour daughter had a really nice time playing there while Mrs and I sat by the window overlooking the lake.  Really nice!  Then we moved to the pub next to the main jetties In Bowness Bay - I have to recommend it.  They do a generous and ridiclously cheap carvery, and you can sit by a large window with a view up the lake.  Wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment