Photo credits

The Embalse de Riano in northern Spain. The picture was taken by .... me!

Monday, August 20

Hey –someone remembered one of my old sermons!

I used the neckline of a baby vest – or more to the point my recent discovery of its function with my seventh child – as an example of how we can often read scriptures repeatedly and still not get the point until finally one day it clicks.


(British baby vests (like these) have a neck opening that can allow the shoulders through, so that it can be pulled off the bottom end as well as over the baby’s head. This means that when it has been soiled you don’t have to smear poo across your baby’s face. I discovered this when my seventh was about 9 months old. It would have been nice to know this for my first six kids!)

So this good lady that I was talking to on Sunday can remember the baby vest illustration, and has passed the tip on to others, but neither she nor I could remember anything else from the sermon. It was about 3 years ago!

No comments:

Post a Comment