Photo credits

The Embalse de Riano in northern Spain. The picture was taken by .... me!

Monday, September 17

Another son sent off to University

Overshadowed by my father passing away this morning, I should note how proud I am that my third son has started at university.  Whereas my first two waltzed through all their GCSE and A level exams and nonchalantly taken places at top universities as if that is the norm, my third son has had a different life.

Academia is not so natural to him.

But when he was 12 he started a paper round (Apparently you are supposed to wait till 13 for it to be legal??).
The paper round made him physically fit.
He got good at sport.
The sport gave him self discipline and a Strong work ethic.
That in turn improved his academic work.

So he has achieved more in terms of overcoming obstacles and sheer grit and determination than the other two combined.

I salute him!

No comments:

Post a Comment