Photo credits

The Embalse de Riano in northern Spain. The picture was taken by .... me!

Monday, January 7

Mum - less nuts

Mum is now in a home, and seems to be much more settled. I was able to visit her this weekend, and found her looking and sounding much better, eating well, and almost happy.


She still has moments of serious confusion, probably resulting from dreams that she remembers as real.

One story is that one time she was sent to bed early in the home, because she had started telling other residents she was getting reduced fees because she was a retired missionary and it was a ‘Christian’ home. (She is paying full fees in a secular home.)

Another story is that while she was in hospital, some men came round attacking all the women but were stopped before they got to her. They did take her rings though. (My sister has the rings).

But in between these rants, I can have quite a long conversation with my real Mum. And that is good, because I thought I had lost the real her to senility.

No comments:

Post a Comment