Photo credits

The Embalse de Riano in northern Spain. The picture was taken by .... me!

Monday, March 3

Christian yoga

Yes, another misleading post title.

What I mean is that as a christian, I find myself in a difficult political (small p) position.  Confidentiality requires me to act as if nothing is going on and deal normally with someone in a position of authority over me when on the one hand I have developed a strong dislike for him and would gladly thump him,  and on the other I feel vaguely sorry for him because I know what storm is brewing for him.  I am a fairly transparent person, but if I let the secret slip I will be in breach of all kinds of requirements and a whole different group of people will be upset with me.  So I would like to just walk away, but that in itself would send a signal, and so I have to continue to engage, perhaps for months, in what seems like a most unchristian subterfuge though it is mandated by christians for the greater good.

"Aqui no pasa nada"

No comments:

Post a Comment