Photo credits

The Embalse de Riano in northern Spain. The picture was taken by .... me!

Thursday, May 29

The seething hatreds in the office kitchen

Group A comprises those (mostly) men who only wash a cup (and only their own) at the end of the month if it has visible mould colonies growing in it.

Group B comprises those (mostly) women who will wash every cup in their team fastidiously every time and will polish every tea spoon to a dazzling shine. 

Group A hates group B.  They block up the kitchen and cause queues of thirsty men to build up while they fuss over futile OCD cleanliness.

Group B hates group A - those filthy lazy disease-ridden monsters who infect the whole office with fungal spores - Yeuch!

Of course most people are somewhere between.   I confess I am 95% of the way into group A.   I chain-smoke coffee, so I am only ever topping up my cup, quickly nipping into the kitchen between jobs, and cursing those women that have taken up residence so that I can't get to the boiler.  I trust that the regular flushes of fresh boiling water kill the germs.  Even though I know it doesn't work that way.  I know the women think I am a disgusting pig.  True.  But it's also true that they go over the top and take to long.

No comments:

Post a Comment