Photo credits

The Embalse de Riano in northern Spain. The picture was taken by .... me!

Sunday, August 31

The Wedding

My son's wedding yesterday was really one of the most wonderful events I have attended in my life.

Obviously it was my sons wedding, so it was always going to be good. But they had planned it really well, with a strong and very attractive aesthetic theme running through everything which has taken them absolutely hours and hours to prepare. Part of his was the wedding breakfast, which rather than the standard roast dinner was en English tea party, with fancy porcelain tea cups, sandwiches on elegant stands, and array after array of Victoria sponges and other classic cakes made to perfection with that perfect balance of home-made appearance and professional baking.

There was a Ceilidh afterwards, and long conversations with family and friends reconnecting after years. And a generally wonderful dreamlike atmosphere throughout it all. I felt I was in and watching an Oscar-winning movie about family and the triumph of the human spirit.

Words fail me. It really was outstanding!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment