Photo credits

The Embalse de Riano in northern Spain. The picture was taken by .... me!

Monday, January 12

Women drivers

I am not at all sexist in anyway. (??).

Today, I turned into a side road, and then waited while a learner driver was reversing into a parking space. A woman came up behind me, and seemed completely oblivious to the fact I was waiting, even when I gave her the lue that I was an 'active' car by edging forward. She went past me, and then disrespectfully squeezed through the narrow gap by the learner driver, and then proceded up the road at a cautious 20 mph no doubt congratulating herself on what a careful driver she was and totally oblivious to the carnage behind her.

Needless to say, my driving is perfect.

But why can she get cheap insurance through 'Sheila's wheels' when I can't?

3 comments:

  1. Totally oblivious. And quite annoying! But as you say, I'm not at all sexist either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suppose the sexism lies in that we make a point of noting the gender of bad female drivers, but ignore the gender of bad male drivers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know someone who, on seeing a man driving badly, would say: 'He must have been taught by a woman!'

    But either way, bad driving is a curse, and very annoying, no matter what gender the offending person is!

    One of my pet hates is the person who drives right up behind your bumper when you're clearly trying to parallel-park, with indicators and reverse light on. Then THEY get annoyed at me!!!

    ReplyDelete