Photo credits

The Embalse de Riano in northern Spain. The picture was taken by .... me!

Friday, May 22

Interview report II

Today the agency rang me to confirm that of the two candidates they put forward to the client, the other one was not accepted and I was very impressive. Which is great news!

It doesn't explain why the client told me he has 3 or 4 candidates, when he has told the agency that I am now the only one. He has said he apparently needs someone similar to myself - unlike the other guy - for comparison, for his procedures. Well, it doesn't look like he can find anyone, and that gives me some hope that the procedure might get accelerated.

Anyway - it's a huge boost to my confidence, to get through a competitive interview for a job that is more senior than anything I have done before.

In another unrelated story:
Agency A phoned me today to ask if I was interested in a pemanent position at local client X. I said Agency B was already talking to client X about me. So I phoned agency B for an update. They remided me that I had asked them to talk to client Y first, and now said that client Y had declined my services, and did I now want them to talk to client X? Well i was cross that they had not already done so, but feeling they were in the queue ahead of agency A I said yes. Emailed agency A to explain. Agency A then rang me back - very cross - telling me that agency B had clearly let me down and feeling that I had given bad agency B his work. I apologised. He said he would speak to his own contacts at client X. Later he called again, saing that the client has very specific procedures and these would pick up if they ahd already had my CV, so first comne first serve or something like that. So I let him get on with it. But what it probably means is that in the long run client X will not want me because I clearly can't sort my agents out. So now I'm a bit cross. I don't really want to work for client X, expecially on a permanent basis - I'm not too fond of the company itself and the work would be a step backwards compared to the more distant job I was interviewed for. But work is work, and local work is very much more convenient for my domestic and church responsibilities.

All we can do is wait and see what the Lord provides.

No comments:

Post a Comment